08 December, 2007

The 12 BEERS of Christmas


I was doing some thinking today while in my new favorite beer store in Arlon, Belgium. They had about 10 or more Christmas beers and I know of several others I could get in Luxembourg so why not put a twist on the old song and do the 12 Days of Christmas! I picked up a few bottles at the shop in Arlon and assessed what I had in stock at the flat. I don't have all 12 beers worked out just yet but there is what I have so far. The arrangement of which beers to have what days has yet to be worked out in my head but it will come soon. I hope to be able to taste one per night leading up to Christmas and to post a review of each. I am not crazy enough to try the same number of beers for the specific day as in the song. I don't think that on Christmas day I could drink 12 of whatever the last beer is.


Here are the beers that I have so far. Any suggestions on addditional Christmas beers (Belgian only please) would be greatly appreciated.









Here are a few others I am thinking of throwing in the mix if I could get them in time. My bottle shop in Arlon was fresh out of one of my favorites, Gouden Carolous Christmas. Here are some others worth a try...


Abbaye de Rocs Speciale Noel

Gouden Carolous Christmas

Bush de Noel Premium

Saint Bernardus Christmas

Gordon X-mas


That doesn't get me to 12 just yet but I will be doing some research with Paula next weekend at a little Christmas beer fest in Essen, Belgium. If you check out this link you will see there extensive beer list which features a great deal of Christmas beers in addition to some other strong Belgian ales. O.B.E.R. Christmas Beer Festival Essen


Check back over the next few days to see my progress.

No comments: